Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Home trail

Once again, I've had a little time, and a little money at the same time to work on my trail through the "40 acre woods"........ and no......I didn't see Christopher Robin, Eor, or Pooh. What I did see however, was this........ do you see the trail here?


I do.........



This sort of gives you the idea of what I've been cutting through to make this trail through my woods. It's been fun though, and rewarding in it's own way. It's actually only a ten acre woods, but I couldn't help compare with the imagination of A. A. Milne, the creator of Winnie The Pooh. So far, it's been going pretty well, with about a half mile of established trail so far. I decided the other day that I've worked so hard that I needed a place to rest, so I built a trail bench......



And what do I enjoy from this bench, you might ask? Why this, of course........


Admittedly, still in it's winter color scheme, but there has been some green popping up now and then. So, who enjoys all the fruits of my labor, besides me.........




She not only enjoys going for a walk on this trail, but actually begs me to take her around. She won't go by herself, too far out of sight of the house I guess, but she can't wait to go along. If she see's me heading that way, she comes on the run.
I've been clearing more, and concentrating on trimming back trees and other brush from around the trail. In some places, there are vines from the trees that Tarzan would be proud of, some as big around as my thigh. These things will choke the life from a tree, so I cut them off when I get to them. I'll pull them out of the tree if they're not too entwined in the upper branches, but if I can't get them down, I just cut them off, and when they die off, the Oklahoma wind'll take care of bringing them down. A week or so ago, it snowed, so I had a lot of fun with my mountain bike in the snow here......



It's not been all work and no play. I have a full loop and part of another to play on now, and it gives me something to do, as well as gets me out in nature and away from reality for a bit. Wait.......isn't that Tigger????  ..............

An addition, Feb. 28th,........ my simple little trail bench has "Evolved"..........

  
So, as you can see, my "Nature Trail" is very much a work in progress.

1 comment:

  1. I aquired this ten acres that adjoins the back of my original property a couple months ago. The original owner realized she couldn't build on it because the county closed off the road that it sits on so she offered it to me at "fire sale" pricing. I didn't really want it, but couldn't really in good concience turn it down either, like money in the bank.

    ReplyDelete