Friday, November 4, 2011

Draper Mountain Bike Trail, Oklahoma City.

This is a combination of a couple different Oklahoma singletrack trails. I'm not a big mountain biker, but I do on occasion get out and ride the trails for fun. A little later, when I can find the pictures, I'll post one about a little mountain bike excursion in Aztec, New Mexico. But for now, these first pictures are from Draper resevoir east of Oklahoma City. There are a series of four different trails, each one a bit more difficult than the last. They keep adding to them though and making the trails a bit more interesting. If you do the entire four trails it is around 13 miles.
This one makes a wild downhill, and a big grunt uphill with a sharp 90 degree right turn at the very top, the picture does NOT do it justice.


One of the milder parts of the trail, these are what I enjoy the best.



One of the "toys" on the trail, a neat little up and over, down and under bridge. After you go up and over this, you loop around to the right, and come back up under the same bridge. This sort of thing is fun, and keeps the trail interesting.


This is the view from the top of the bridge at the start of the lollipop.



There are lots of areas like this everywhere along this trail, both up and down.



Another one of the new "toys" added.




I think I'll take the long cut around the bottom side thank you. , but the wooden plank bridge on the other side looked like fun, so I did that one.


If you look up at the top of the curve, you can see there is about a one foot drop built in that I didn't know about the first time over ....surprise!!! Still, I had to go around and do it again. Once through this man made part, you were treated to some flat and easy sections before the more technical parts began.


Just a walk in the park....or a ride in the woods. Draper is a fun trail, and not really difficult. An experienced mountain biker can whip it out in about 45 minutes ....  me, about an hour. It is billed as a "family" trail, and I suppose it is, however, I found enough somewhat technical stuff there to make it interesting for a part-time mountain biker. All in all, a nice Sunday afternoon diversion.


No comments:

Post a Comment