Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oklahoma Color

Oklahoma rarely ever gets a Fall with any color, and with the drought this year, all the predictors were that we'd have a drab Fall, with little or no color. Boy were they wrong. We seemed to have more color this year than any of the last ten. Come along with me as I take a bike ride through some of the local roads. The next shot is a pecan tree alongside the road. There were no pecans this year because of the drought, but that didn't stop this tree from showing off a bit this Fall.

The next is one of those "Wonder where that goes" type of photos. I just love those endless road shots.



Some wildflowers still in the ditch were doing wonderfully.

One of the many little creeks in the area was short on water, but awash with color.

A little Sumac thrown in for a little red to add to the yellow and green really sets things off!

A couple of hay bales and some brown grass in the ditch frame the trees across the field.


I enjoy scenes like this, so peaceful and in tune with everything around. Just makes a person feel good.


So, as you can see, we have had a colorful Fall so far this year, it hasn't peaked yet, and is raining today, so there may be a few more to add a little later. Makes me glad to be a bicyclist, as I can stop and admire, and photograph wherever I want. You just see more from a bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment